Sunday, June 22, 2008

Miracle Whip Party!



Well I had an interesting night last night. I had taken the boys to the pool in the morning and put sun screen on all of us before we left, but only one of us got fried ME! I look like a lobster-after it's cooked! Chad has been out of town this week and I didn't trust Jax with the spray aloe so Kambery came over to help me. She said to try mayonnaise. A doctor told her it would take the burn out. So late last night Kambrey and Tammy ( to of my neighbors) rubbed miracle whip all over me while I held my nose. I hate mayonnaise and the smell of it makes me want to gag. So you can see how much I wanted the burning to be gone. IT WORKED! It took a lot (not all) of the burn out. The mayo started to melt on me.


So now from my own stupidity we now know that mayo actually does work to take the burn out! I have the best neighbors! Thanks Kambrey and Tammy! And thanks to Liz for the fan!

3 comments:

Andria said...

Wow that looks awful. I am so glad the miracle whip worked. I will have to keep that in mind!!

Stacey said...

Liza, I have been thinking so much about you...I hope all is going well, I'm sure Jaxon is having a great time!! Just so you know, you are on my mind!! :)

Mama said...

you know what else works? it doesn't smell any better, but white vinegar works great! i keep a little travel-sized spray bottle filled with it and just spray it all over burns. my hubby didn't believe me until he got the worst burn of his life and I made him do it. he was shocked! it was actually on his birthday, so we had a "pickling party" for his bd;-) ---Jen